l. Students are expected to maintain the highest standards of discipline and dignified manner of behavior inside as well as outside the College campus. They shall abide by the rules and regulations of the College and should act in a way that highlights the discipline and esteem of the College.
2. A six day working schedule from Monday to Saturday is followed. Classes are scheduled from 7.30 p.m. to 5.38 p.m. The first period will begin after the assembly. The students shall stand in attention till the prayer ends.
3. All the students are expected to be present in the class well -within time.
4. Students shall rise from their seats when the teacher enters the class room and remain standing till the teacher takes her/his seat or they are allowed by the teacher to sit. Silence shall be observed during class hours.
5. Teachers shall be greeted appropriately with "Good Morning Sir/Miss" or "Good Afternoon Sir/Miss" and a “Thank you Sir/Miss" when the teacher leaves the class room.
6. No student shall enter or leave the class room when the session is on without the permission of the teacher concerned.
7. Students having lab sessions have to report to the lab directly in time and they are not expected to go to the class room.
8. In the events of Student seminars/project presentations etc., it is compulsory that all the students of the concerned class be present for the entire session.
9. All students shall leave the classes immediately after 6.10 p.m. No students shall wander or gather in verandah, corridor, and staircase etc. Do not spend much time in canteen, coffee shops etc.
10. All leave applications (Regular & Medical) shall be submitted in time, for sanction by HoD and concerned teachers. Application for medical leave shall be accompanied by valid medical certificates.
11. Students shall come to the college in approved uniforms and those who are in laboratories shall wear their respective lab-coat.
12. Students shall not make any alterations to the Uniform issued from the college without the permission of the concerned HoD.
13. All the students are expected to attend all college functions in college uniform unless otherwise specified.
14. All the students shall wear their identity cards, well displayed. Identity badge is a public document and any teaching staff and non teaching staff shall have the right to peruse it. Denial of that alone invites disciplinary action.
15. Students wearing burkha can avail relaxation in dress code by producing a letter of intention certified by their parent/guardian. The student kept along with the ID card to be shown to the authorities on demand during the period of dress code relaxation.
16. All kinds of tattooing, body piercing, hair styling etc. that goes against the existing social norms and which could go against the spirit of academic values will be referred to the discipline committee.
17. Any dress code violation noticed within the campus will attract disciplinary actions.
18. As per the Govt. order, students shall not bring powered vehicles inside the campus.
19. Students are expected to maintain silence in the academic buildings to maintain the decorum and, any deviant behavior such as hooting, whistling, loitering etc. will be treated as an instance of indiscipline.
20. For independent study, students are expected to use the class rooms, library or the demarcated areas of the academic building and shall not resort to sitting in staircases or circulation areas where they could interfere with the free movement.
21. Students are encouraged to make use of the library, common computing facilities and to involve in professional body activities or any program authorized by the college beyond class hours.
22. Access to academic buildings beyond the above timing and on holidays without written Permission from the concerned HoD will be treated as a case of indiscipline.
23. All the students are advised to follow the institutions Mobile phone policy and bring to the notice of the authorities violations if any.
24. Accessing Social Networking Sites such as Facebook, Twitter etc. is prohibited within the college campus.
25. Keep the campus neat and clean. Do not put any waste anywhere in the campus except in the waste baskets kept.
26. Consumption of intoxicants / psychotropic substances in any form or smoking or using chewing gum, pan masala etc. are strictly prohibited.
27. It is strongly advised to refrain from activities such as scribbling or noting on walls, door or furniture which could deface the college and destroy the academic ambiance.
28. Carefully handle the furniture, equipments, fixtures and appliances of the college and lab. Careless handling/misuse of the above could result personal injuries or damage to property follow safety precautions near moving machines and electrical installations. In the event of damage of property, the responsible students will have to bear the cost of replacement/repair with fine.
29. Students are not permitted to arrange any unauthorized celebrations and decorations of any magnitude in the campus.
30. Students are not permitted to distribute or display (both physically and electronically) material such as notices, banners etc. in the campus without the permission of the competent authority.
31. Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities available to the optimum levels. This will certainly make them physically fit, academically competent, mentally alert and socially sensitive.
32. Students who intend to represent the college in intercollegiate events shall take prior permission from the concerned head of the department and the selection will be based on parameters such as academic performance, attendance, character, existing academic pressure and competence of the student in the proposed event for participation.
33. During internal examinations of 2Hr period, students are not allowed to leave the hall within one hour from the beginning of the exam, and students have to occupy the seat 5 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
34. Political activity in any form is not permitted in the College campus. Unauthorized meetings, propaganda work, processions or fund collections are forbidden within the College and outside the college.
35. Harassing juniors, ill treatment to other fellow students or any such form of ragging is objectionable and liable to be treated as criminal offence by the law enforcing agencies as per the directives of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
36. Misbehavior towards girl students, use of threat or violence against members of the staff or fellow students will be considered as very serious cases of misconduct.
37. Pay fees in advance or in time, which will avoid fines.
38. Any violation of the above rules will invite penalty in the form of warning, fine, bringing of parents or any course of corrective measure as found suitable by any staff member or higher authority of the College.
39. In case of any instance of noncompliance of existing rules or any observed matter/behavior that deviates from the vision and mission of the institution, all the staff members are empowered to initiate disciplinary procedure by filling in a standard form which in turn may lead to the constitution of an enquiry committee and further proceedings.
1 Mobile Phone Policy: Introduction
The purpose of this policy is to establish clear cut guidelines regarding the usage of mobile phones inside the campus. This policy is applicable to all those who enter the campus.
2 Mobile Phone Policies
Realizing the importance of communication and the possible impact of mobile phone usage inside the campus, the following guidelines are arrived at.
Feedback from students, teachers, alumini and parents